2010-05-23

The Pockets - Come Go With Me



Come Go With Me by The Pockets is one of the greatest feel good songs I can think of and once again it has been the theme song of my weekend. It's the opening track of The Pockets' underrated debut album Come Go Wit Us. Enjoy the tune and buy the record if you see a copy somewhere. It should be inexpensive but full of versatile rhythm music produced by Verdine White (of Earth Wind & Fire).


The Pockets - Come Go With Me [320 kbps, DivShare ]

EDIT: Eli Escobar is one my favorite DJs and Come Go With Me a huge favorite of mine and still I had slept on Eli's great re-edit which has been recently released on a 12" with a couple of other solid edits. Thanks to Ace Of Clubs' comment my copy is now on its way to my record collection.

3 comments:

Mikel J said...

Yer right, great group & album.
My fav from this is "Pasado", a song I thought I would never encounter again as I lost all my vinyl years ago. Fortunately a blog had it posted and I retrieved it. Thanks for the pleasant memory.
mikelj3

Anonymous said...

The awesome New York DJ Eli Escobar just released a DJ friendly re-edit of this track on vinyl...

http://www.turntablelab.com/vinyl/0/0/84979.html

Milton Van Houten said...

I had slept on Eli Escobar's edit. Thanks for the heads up. A classy re-edit with a great intro. I had to order a copy right away.

Cheerio,
Milton